- About Us
- Contact Us
- Latest Reviews
- Student Housing
- Apartment Advice
- Manager Login
Independence Heights: Historical and Culture-Rich Community
When it comes to historical and culture-rich community, Independence Heights is one of the best residential communities. The Wright Land Company developed this place in 1908. It is a residential area has been home to African-Americans and is known as the first African-American community in the state.
This wonderful community is located in the Heights area in Houston, Texas near Yale St and Crosstimbers.
Amenities and Facilities within the Community
- The Independence Heights Park - the community park have a playground and a sports field perfect for those who want to jog and play some sports during the day.
- The Community Center - if you love sports like basketball and tennis, the community center is one of the best places to go with their basketball pavilion and well-lighted tennis court. A swimming pool is also available which every resident can use for relaxation and some exercise.
- Houston Independent School District is also one of the main schools were residents of the community are going. Primary and secondary schools zoned to the community are the Booker T. Washington High School, Burrus Elementary School, Kennedy Elementary School and the Williams Middle School.
- Various businesses and stores are also operating within the community providing residents all the necessary things in life such as grocery stores, pharmacies, local restaurants, repair shops, electrical shops and even law offices for those who need legal services.
If you want to look for a nice apartment within the community, you will definitely have many options since there are many apartments located in the community. Here are some of the popular apartments you can find in Independence Heights community.
- Pineforest Place Apartments - one of the most affordable apartments in the area located at 5353 Deep Forest, Houston, Texas 77092. Rent cost ranges from $400 to $800.
- Windsor at Siena Apartments - this is one of the most expensive apartments in the community with all the needed amenities and facilities plus life's luxuries. It is located at 600 Studemont, Houston, Texas 77007.