Kingwood: A Simple and Peaceful Community
Kingwood is the biggest master-planned communities in Houston, Texas. The name of the community was derived from King Ranch and Friendswood Development Company, the two major companies in the county that partnered up to develop the community in 1971. Because the place is mostly forest, the community is also called the "Livable Forest" which is located in Harris County while small portion of the land area are located in Montgomery County. The community is divided into 25 villages and most of these neighborhoods are now composed of residential areas and subdivisions.
Kingwood has a total population of more than 80,000 wherein 91 percent of the total population is White Americans while the remaining percentage consists of African-Americans, Asians, Hispanic and many more.
Amenities and Infrastructures
- The community has water services, police departments and fire services provided by the Houston City government.
- Natural parks and preserves are common in the community which is owned by the community. They have a dog park which was established in 2007. Community parks include the Kingwood Park, East End Park, and Skate Park.
- The residents of the community also enjoy various festivals and events organized by the community such as the Mardi Gras, Picnic on the Park during Easter, Auto Shows, 4th of July and Christmas in the Park.
Schools and Public Library
- Pupils in the community go to Humble Independent School Distrcit. Primary and secondary schools operating in the area are Kingwood High School, Kingwood Park High School, Quest High School, Porter High School and New Caney High School.
- Middle schools and private schools include Kingwood, Riverwood and Creekwood Middle Schools, and the Northeast Christian Academy.
- Lone Star College
- Kingwood Branch Public Library
Residential Areas and Apartments
- Township Estates - one of the most affordable apartments in the community with rent costs from $300 to $700.
- Woodland Hills Village - one of the best apartments in the area offering 1 to 3 bedroom units complete with amenities and facilities within the property. Rental fees ranges from $600 up to $1200.