Here's basically what I experienced when I lived there:
1. MOLD...BAD. Landlord just repainted over it.
2. No parking in front for bottom floor tenants. I, as a mother, was scared to park in the back cause there was no light.
3. Thieves. My car was broken into.
4. Drug addicts & alcoholics. Our neighbor was a crackhead and there was a couple of times when I was walking to my car and random strangers asked me for money.
5. Maintenance doesn't care. Washing machine next to our apt. leaked into our apt and they said there was nothing they could do about it. Smelled really awful after that.
6. BAD PLUMBING! Seriously, don't poop while you live there.
7. Heat goes out sometimes. Don't live here if you have kids.
8. Crazy schizophrenic guy that stands outside and rants about the government or god knows what and tells you things.
These are off the top off my head. The rent wasn't too bad. It was about $675 for 1 bedroom, everything except phone and cable was included, which is why I initially thought was a good deal. But I have a kid so it was time to move on.