When I first came to the Renaissance, I really thought that the apartment complex looked quite nice. The rent was cheap, the location was good; what more could I ask
for' So, I signed a six month lease. I have never made a worse decision. Cockroaches infest this place. No matter how many traps you set, no matter how many times you
call an exterminator, you will find them in your room, in your tub, in your sheets, in your fridge, and on and on and on. Disgusting. I drive a POS ford that no one on
earth would want, but apparently someone wanted it enough to steal it. So, I borrowed a friend's extra car. It was in my spot, but the management still towed it
because they're more preoccupied with making sure no one parks in the wrong spot than they are with insuring tenant safety, so I ended up paying $400 just to get it
back. Frequently, neighbors will throw parties, and it's not uncommon to have a fight break out in the parking lot, where I should mention there is almost never any
More than once I've feared for my life here. If it's not drunken fighting outside or apparent domestic abuse next door, it's the poor workmanship inside. At one point
I noticed that an electrical outlet was extremely hot, to the point that I burned my hand on it. I reported this to the management THREE TIMES, having left my power
off each time to prevent a fire. On the third report, they called an electrician, who proceeded to come in, turn the power back on, and left a note that said: "Oulet's
fine." Yes, it was misspelled, but I cared more about the fact that my apartment almost burned down because of this 'electrician'. I came home that day to an apartment
with smoke stains on the ceiling near that outlet, turned the power back off, and had to change the outlet myself (Having looked at the state of the wiring, I'm amazed
the whole complex hasn't burned down.)
In order to get my deposit back I had to actually go over photographic proof of the state of the apartment from when I had moved in, and in all honesty I think I paid
more for painting over the smoke stains, cleaning stains on the carpet from before I moved in, and repairing the siding in the bathroom than I actually got back from
the deposit. All in all, this place has been a terrible experience.
One of my neighbors bought a large dog. Apparently it wasn't house trained. Oh, god, the smell that came from next door sometimes was unbearable. And then it barked
each night. I don't think such pets should be allowed in apartments to begin with, but normally I don't mind if neighbors have them. I wouldn't have thought it
possible that it could aggravate me in this way.
I would NEVER rent here again. I wouldn't live here rent-free.