I have been a home owner for 20+ years. We had to relocate to Tampa so I decided that my wife and I would rent an apartment on a short term lease. We were very surprised with the peaceful atmoshphere, the very nice managment and a very comfortable apartment. I would reccomend the Grand Reserve to anyone looking for a GREAT place to live. <P>
This place is not worth it! These people are out for your money, they will find any way to screw you they can.
1. PARKING IS HORRIBLE! I have to walk a mile to get to my apartment if it is after 5pm, oh and this gate that is supposed to protect us from the murdering mother WHO LIVED ACROSS THE STREET is always open.
2. When I moved in it was invested with fleas and roaches.
3. the walls are paper thin, I would love to know why the people above me chose to run back and forth jumping in their apartment at 3 am.
4. The appliances and apartments need to re-done. The dryers are old and get lint everywhere, bring a lint roller. The outlets never work so you constantly have to move your appliances. The refrigerator leaks. There is rust in my sink I have asked them to please seal it that's all it takes and it looks like TRASH with rust running down it. They said they will fix it when we move out. Oh joy someone else gets to enjoy a nice sink.
5. They have some absurd requirements when it comes to signing the lease and moving out, I do not trust them they will take your money and lie to you saying you didn't give them enough notification, please I called 3 times and your reps said everything was great!! Now I can't move out and owe them thousand of more dollars because they don't communicate or know how to do their job.
6. MOST DISGUSTINGLY- my carpet is over 12 years old and causing me to get sick from all the dust and allergies (I have a doctors form saying it needs to be replaced) first they said they would replace it because they are supposed to replace them after 12 years but they found a loop hole! Although a carpet is consider EXPIRED after 12 years it doesn't mean that every carpet needs to be replaced at that time. -Please take a second and consider how disgusting a carpet in an apartment building is after 12 years think of how gross this really is.- I ASSURED them our carpet was disgusting and showed its ware, I asked them to come look for themselves they said if that was the case they would replace it when we moved out. Oh okay great let me just suffer with my allergies here so they can save a little money. Thank you for being concerned for my health. A couple thousand dollars in medical bills for me later, grand reserve still got to save their money.
7. COPS- why are there always cops shadily sitting in this apartment complex? Oh thanks office Darby for sitting in grand reserve, running my tags and following me 100feet past the entrance and giving me a ticket for expired registration.
8. Someone stole my chairs from out front- glad the cops are there to monitor this stuff.
9. Look around you, this place is aging the appliances showers, carpets, electric all needs to be replaced- obviously they are too cheap to ever do it.
>>I would not be posting this if it was a good experience, yes my apartment is huge and I can deal with the fact that I have to move my lamp every other week because the outlets don't work. Yes I took it upon myself to clean the carpet and watch out for my health. Yes I sprayed for roaches and yes I deal with the cops following me and everything else that has been mentioned I deal with it in my own way and live happily, but when they have jeopardized my health and not cared at all and then still find away to make me pay them another 1,500 for a month to month lease is where i draw the line. These people have taken my health and my last dollar at some point something has to be said.