i've lived here since the summer they opened, first person to live in this unit.
the units themselves are pretty nice, but most things here were rushed to be completed and it really shows.
- as the other person said, the crime here is pretty absurd. only reason i tolerate it is because i go to ga tech one block away. they hired a security guard, but often i find he's not there. the gates here are dumb, people walk through them to get in. people let their friends park in other peoples spaces all the time. they added lighting to the parking deck to make it 'safer'... but they put out less light than my flashlight. but its in the middle of the ghetto, what do you expect? one of the pervious security guards even said to me he was dumbfounded that they built a place like this in this area
- the maintenance staff is nowhere to be found when you have a problem. the cable went out during the final four game because the power went on and off... no maintenance guy was around. the cable company came out and was dumbfounded as to why no one was around to help him into the room he needed to get to.
- people here have dogs, lots of dogs. no one follows the rule about keeping dogs on leashes... they're constantly running around. i can't open my door (ground floor) because the dogs keep coming in
- the entire complex is concrete, so sounds resonate LOUD. i am always woken up by the sounds of drilling, construction, furniture moving above, people walking, etc
- the doors are paper thin, you get woken up by drunk people walking home at 2am
- a club was just opened down the street, so during the weekends have fun finding visitor parking, cuz its usually gone.
- security guard doesn't care if residents hold the gate in for people who don't live here. my girlfriend just waits to follow someone in or walk through the parking gate when its up, the security guard just smiles and watches her walk in.
- its been a year and no restaurant has gone in
- the business center is a joke. they have two slow computers and one inkjet computer. again, styly over functionality. most other places even give cookies or something... none here. plus they close it at midnight. residents who are too cheap to buy their own internet service or cable plan come there to use it for pleasure only. same people each night, i thought it would be a great study environment, but it just turns out to be the mtv/bet/nbc sitcom hangout.
- the internet here is s l o w (yes its broadband tho)
so overall, i would not recommend this place, unless you go to georgia tech. i lived down the street in the literal ghetto before moving here. but i felt almost safer there, because i didn't feel like i was being targeted.