Very Bad Management and Poor Maintenance. I lived at harbor point for several years. I was very excited to move in and be across from the bay. I really enjoyed taking walks along the harbor walk and playing with my son in the pool.
However, there are a few things to consider when moving here:
1. Poor Costumer service: Front desk staff is clearly untrained, rude, impolite and incompetent, there are low income units at Harbor Point and unfortunately the standard of costumer service is set low for everybody by management, as a working professional I expect more professional treatment.
2. College students, who WILL set the fire alarm off several times a semester, the feeling of being back in a college dorm is not my idea of fun
3. The maintenance crew is ridiculously unprofessional: did not fix a simple sliding closet door correctly, got paint all over the bathroom walls and tub and were very rude to deal with in person
4. There is no recycling, when I attempted to bring this concern up to the management office I was cut off by the front desk receptionist who restricts access to the management staff, when I ask to simply speak to the management staff instead of her she says "That is not a Heidi (management staff) issue." And this receptionist does this very often.
5. Mold/mildew: in the bathroom because there is no ventilation fan (also paint constantly chipping and pealing from the bathroom ceiling, hence the need to constantly have the bathroom painted and the problem of getting paint everywhere)
6. Mold/mildew: in the bedroom because of the air conditioning, and when I brought this up the two responses where to clean it off but leave the rest under the baseboard and the second response was to paint over it.
7. There was always at least one washing machine that was broken.