The good news is that it was built in 2011. My apartment was never lived in before. They handle packages very well when I'm not there for both the post office and UPS. They have fake hardwood floors in the kitchen that appear to be waterproof and look better then most. I still think water can get in between the boards because they didn't seal it. The EMF's on the third floor are at zero which is great. Some of the first floor apts have large electrical boxes right next to them. The bad news is ... 1) there seems to be no cement between the floors. They will lie to you about it during the tour. Within a half an hour of moving in, the person below me was complaining about my walking in the apartment too much. Her pictures were shaking on the wall. I might expect this with a really old building but not this building. Hotels don't have this problem. I'm forced to do yoga on the balcony or listen to pounding from below.
2) They had a waiting list for the cement floor units on the first floor and also the loft units which you commonly see advertising for. The cement floors look great. I'm not sure why cement would cost more than carpeting but it does. If people love cement then why not make more of them. They are much easier and cheaper to maintain. The cement units still have carpet in bedrooms (yuck).
3) The fridge must be set too lowest setting or vegetables will freeze on the top shelf. When it's set to the lowest setting then the freezer is not cold enough to freeze fruit long term. They need a separate knob for each.
4) The thermastat doesn't appear to handle a program to turn it off during the day.
5) The garbage can near me fills up and you have to walk quite a ways to a one that's not overfilled.
6) The pool uses chlorine even though there are natural solutions that are cheaper like Adya Minerals, ozone things.
7) They come into your apartment and spray hazardous chemicals to control bugs. They said they might come in to inspect apartments next month. That's twice in a 6 month period that they come into your apt. Many landlords only come in for repairs.
8) It's hard to get the right temp in the shower.
9) You have to get DSL internet through AT&T which has a max speed of 6MB per second. This is a joke although you can surf and use a voip phone at the same time but no downloading and phone at the same time. VPN does work. They have cable TV lines through a different company that does do cable internet but not in this building. I would get the latest actiontec DSL modem and not the Motorolla one from best buy. I had to switch VOIP providers because they had trouble with the motorolla modem. I now use VOIPO. It took forever to resolve this.
10) There is a smelly tar plant within 200 ft of the building. I don't notice it unless I get close to it. It's behind a fence. Quite a bit of industry nearby. I'm not sure if the air is better or worse then the downtown.
11) They are way overpriced for the area and I got a $100 off.