1) You will hear every step your neighbors take on their floor, and everything they do and say because they are built so poorly. Don't let the thick timbers at the rental office trick you into thinking otherwise.
2) You will hear a jet-liner every 15 to 30 minutes as they arrive and depart the busy PDX airport.
3) You will hear a police, ambulance, or fire truck siren between each low altitude aircraft.
4) You will hear the kid with the loud muffler and 14 subwoofers in his piece of crap Honda drive by no less than 15 times per day, each time trying to make more noise than the time before. I suspect he has a paid position from the management for the purpose of making your life a living ****.
5) You will need a can opener to get out of your car because the parking spaces are so close together. Door dings are a way of life here.
6) Management has only three goals: They want you to sign a lease, fleece you for as much cash as possible, and make your life a living ****. One of their favorite things to do is to drive around with their golf cart and fine residents for parking too close to the white lines of the parking spaces (which are too narrow to handle a full sized car).
7) Urban outdoorsmen (homeless people, druggies, bums, and the like...) have a thriving community in the woods right next to Lake Salish. You become acquainted with them whenever you walk around the lake on the nice walking path, and they also like to noisily sort through all of the dumpsters when you are sleeping.