I lived in Gable Hill from October 2008 - March 2010. I had more problems than I can even count. Here are just a few:
1) My car got broken into in the parking lot right outside my building. When the police came to file my report, they said that a string of robberies had occurred and there was nothing they could do. The officer also said that car break-ins happen a lot in the complex. Gable Hill has done nothing (installing more street lamps, video cameras, etc.) to prevent this from continually happening again.
2) My disposal had broken and I therefore could not use my disposal or dishwasher (they are connected.) I called the office every day trying to get someone to come to fix the disposal, but no one came for six months. I called Kristen at the office to talk to her about how upset I was, and she told me that they had fired all their maintenance staff because they weren't doing a good job and they had been stealing from people's apartments (by law she is NOT supposed to say this.) She had to call maintenance from a sister property to come fix the problem, so that I did not file a complaint.
3) One morning a few months before the end of my lease, the new maintenance man (a horribly rude guy) came banging on my door and said that my washer was leaking and the apartment below me was flooded. He then proceeded to ask me if I had renter's insurance and told me to call my insurance company. Before doing so, I asked Kristen to come look at my washer because I could not find anything wrong with it. It had been working the whole time I had used it in the apartment. She cursed me out on the phone when I told her that I thought it was a problem with the pipes (Gable Hill's problem) and not my washer, and that I was not going to file a claim with my insurance company until she could prove that it was my washer that had caused the flood in the apartment below me. She went to my apartment with a video camera attempting to take a video of the water running out from my washer, but the only thing she could find was water coming out of the wall (just as I had said) Needless to say, they couldn't prove anything, and I use the same washer in my new place with no problem. Apparently, they just wanted me to file with my renters insurance so that my insurance would pay for the damage and not Gable Hill.
4) Heather in the office is okay, but Kristen is the most difficult, belligerent piece of work I have ever dealt with. If you come to her with a problem, she will cop an attitude and tell you she is going to fix it and do NOTHING.
5) The buildings themselves are getting really run-down. My hot water heater was falling through the floor when I moved in, and no one ever came to fix it. I got water bugs and roaches all over my apartment because of the gaping hole I had in the water closet.
Basically, if you want to live in a nice, comfy, quiet neighborhood, do NOT live here. The staff is HORRIBLE and the crime rate is through the roof. Just warning you.