This is actually the first review I have ever decided to write. Thou I rely on them often, I have never taken the time to write one.
In this case, I am so disappointed that I thought: the only thing I can do about it now is try and help someone make the most informed decision possible on “if this place is best for them”.
The trees are beautiful! And on a summer day they sold this place for me! I love the red brick too as many of the apartments in this area are wood, the outside brick and landscaping gave me a feel of updated beauty and a home feeling (as much as you can get in an apartment)
But these things hide many issues that would affect my daily living happiness.
1. When we moved in on a Friday and settled in during the weekend we noticed water dripping from the bathroom ceiling. We called but of course it was the weekend! Soon after that, water poured out, enough said! It was bad! And the rest was a long and frustrating weekend!
2. Safety! I am 28 and my husband 36. We knew when we moved over here that the surrounding areas were a little “rougher” than we are used to living, which was fine, but these experiences changed that, as it went “from a tolerance to too close to home”!
I run after work, out in front of the complex and into the mansion neighborhood across the street. I was followed during my run (evening time) by a dark tented car, and one male inside. I was so “alarmed” that I ran up to a home and pretended I lived there…doing everything except but open the front door!
5 mins later a cop drove by. I stopped him and informed him of this. He said this was who they are looking for. And that I do not need to be in this area alone after a certain time. He turned his lights and siren on and went for the car.
This was August! I lost my favorite evening run outside just before fall!
3. My husband kept running in the evenings. Then a car pulled up beside him with a couple of guys in it, extremely dark tented type of Pontiac “fixed up” and asked my husband if he would be interested in making some extra cash! Now you should know my husband is 6’1 Caucasian and resembles Woody from the Toy Story! Not sure what the “making money” consisted of. But he was shaken up.
This was October; he lost his evening outside/run.
4. A man about 9pm one night was fixing his car, making some noise but I wasn’t bothered. It was quieter than the volume of television I watch. Well the neighbor above us didn’t like it, so he screams from his balcony a few times. Things that were full of rage, and threatening. As the gentlemen continued to fix his car, 15 mins later the man upstairs went to the parking lot and “something” happened.
This was around Sept/Nov
5. 2 weeks ago I went to leave for work and more than one cop car was blocking my exit. They were looking for someone. This was 8am! Later I heard there was a robbery two buildings over.
6. Today is day five of very cold weather! We suffered through much unexpected high electric bills in the summer, and now it’s the winter any nothing changed!
We turn the heater on a mid range “comfortable” setting and the heater will never shut off, never reach that temp. It literally has to run and run and run! This week we don’t have a choice but to run it crazy because the wind chill outside is -8! After 3 days of consent running and a “FREZZING HOUSE!!!
We called for some maintenance help. We didn’t before because we realized early on the management is an invisible resource with no solutions.
SO the maintenance men came, an were very nice! They understood that one room heats and the other five are around 40 degrees cold. And this is with a full blazing fire going in the fire place on top of the heater!
They checked everything. Nothing is wrong they said. They acknowledged our issue and that when the wood run out, it will be even colder. However the cause they determined was poor “construction” and so there is nothing they could do. And when I called management I was told she “was too busy to talk”.
I run out of wood soon. And probably will go sit in the heater in my car. Meanwhile I pay rent on something that feels like sitting in a large garage!
I am so excited that my lease is up soon. And please I encourage you to consider the “new gym” and flashy pool as frugally as possible! (Folks that can not afford cable go and sit in the gym and control the remote while you work out, and the pool has no shade!)