Bed:1 - 2 Bath:1 - 2 Sq Ft:454 - 1067
Bed:1 - 3 Bath:1 - 2 Sq Ft:632 - 1491
“Texas is a State of Mind”, once said author John Steinbeck and he elaborates later that it is much more than that. “[Texas] is a mystique that closely approximates a religion.” Steinbeck attributes that to a cohesive amalgamation of several cultures and worldviews. This Texas Spirit is most alive and well in the city of Houston.
Houston is the fourth largest city in the United States and enjoys a marriage of continued development on top of a diverse living experience, from a wide array of cuisine, professional sports and arts and culture.
Houston rentals are on the rise and finding that perfect apartment can be a little more challenging than just typing “rentals in Houston TX” on your search engine.
Here are a few tips on how to go about selecting which of the Houston apartments you should call your own.
- Use more than one source. A common mistake a prospective tenant makes is to check on only one source of information in acquiring a listing of Houston apartments. Research efforts should be diversified by checking with more than one realtor or, if done online, using multiple search engines as each might offer a different set of listings.
- Know what you want. There is a wide range of available rentals in Houston, Texas and it would pay to be prepared to know exactly what you require of a new home. How much are you willing to spend? Factor in the costs of power, heating and water. How many rooms, bathrooms and closets do you need? Do you need a large kitchen or will room for a fridge and a hotplate be enough?
- Scout the location. Don’t just rely on Internet listings and pictures of rentals in Houston Texas. Once you put together a solid checklist of apartments you like, come on down and take a trip to see them with your own eyes. (It should be worth the trip as Budget Travel magazine just named Houston one of the top budget destinations in the country). This will also be a great opportunity for you to determine one of the most important factors: Will my furniture fit in here or not? It might be a good opportunity to see if things need to be fixed. If the landlords show a model unit, interested tenants should ask to see the actual unit they intend to rent. Once there, interested tenants should take the time to walk around the neighborhood and see how close the nearest stores, theaters, restaurants and parking spaces are. A check on the neighbors might also forestall future issues as well.
- Get feedback. Aside from just searching for rentals in Houston TX, an interested tenant can also check for testimonials from current and former residents. Enter the name of the apartment and it might lead to review websites or blogs that residents have set up. This would be a good way to find out the issues that prospective neighbors deal with or even just the type of neighbors tenants would encounter. This might also help determining the safety of a neighborhood in terms of crime levels or the access of the apartment to public transportation.
- Check the lease. Rinse. Repeat. Tenants should check the terms of the lease before signing it. Anybody entering into a lease agreement must make sure what maintenance and repair falls under the apartment management's responsibility, such as carpet cleaning, light bulb and air filter replacement. Learn what alterations or installations in the apartment are allowed. Prospective tenants must also make sure they understand what is expected of them upon moving in and moving out.
These basic tips should provide prospective tenants an easy and thorough guide in their quest to find the most ideal of Houston rentals. Preparation is key and a necessary step in entering into the Houston Experience. One of the addresses listed online under rentals in Houston TX could be more than just words and numbers on a screen.
It could be “home”.
Apartments in Houston, TX
Bed:1 - 3 Bath:1 - 2 Sq Ft:594 - 1153
Bed:1 - 2 Bath:1 Sq Ft:650 - 800
Bed:1 - 2 Bath:1 - 2 Sq Ft:545 - 1079
Bed:1 - 2 Bath:1 - 2 Sq Ft:719 - 1807
Bed:1 - 3 Bath:1 - 2 Sq Ft:628 - 1766